Sunday, March 6, 2011

02/17/01

Well, you knew it was only a matter of time before George started bombing the shit out of someone. . .

I feel sorry for those Bruderhof folks from Ulster County I read about in today’s paper. Here they are over in Iraq on a mission of good will and the American bombs start reigning down all around them. What the hell did the Bruderhofs have to do with violating the no-fly zone?

I guess George feels he’s gotta enact vengeance against Saddam Hussein for trying to kill his Daddy that time in Kuwait. Why they never took that fucker Hussein out in ‘91 when they had him in their clutches is beyond me!

I’m kind of fond of those Bruderhof folks for some reason. Hate to see any of them bombed, really. They’re kind of like the closest thing to the Amish the Hudson Valley has to offer, and who could ever bring themselves to bomb an Amish person? The Bruderhofs are trying to buy a big tract of farmland right now out in the Town of Montgomery for one of their communes. Maybe they’ll start looking to dump a few million on a farm out my way and I’ll have a solution to all my problems. Or maybe the Hasidics from Kiryas Joel will decide to get into farming. All these NIMBY snobs around here would sure like that! I’m sure the NIMBY snobs are not too crazy about my obnoxious ass occupying the land either, but they know I was here first and there’s nothing they can do about me quite yet.

All the neighbors nervously want to know what I want to see become of the place. They talk up the land trust and conserving open space just like Phebe does. Yeah, like any of them would hand over the entirety of their fucking wealth for my benefit. They ate up all the best farms with their big ass houses, and now that I want to do just the same as every farmer before and let more land go to McMansions, they try to shame you and make you think you’re doing something wrong. Somehow you’re the asshole who’s ruined the countryside, not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment