Monday, April 4, 2011

02/22/01

Phebe asked me to go to Newburgh with her to bring the baby back to his grandmother, but apparently Betty’s not recovered well enough from her diabetes attack to care of the baby again. She grew lightheaded and fainted with Mookie in her arms. Luckily we we’re right there to catch her. She wasn’t too keen on having the baby go away again but Fauntleroy reassured her it was for the best--- that it was obvious she needed more time to get strong. So Phebe and I brought the baby back home again. It was kind of an awkward thing. I was going to head back to the trailer when Phebe says:

Where do you think you’re going?

I say, I’m going back to the trailer, that’s where.

She says, Oh, no you don’t! You’re gonna stay and help take care of this baby. I’ve already taken off as much work as I can. You’re gonna have to stay here and watch the baby while I go to work.

Where am I gonna sleep? I ask

In the fucking bed! Where else? she says

Don’t ask me what happened next. If the baby wasn’t sound asleep it would have never happened that way. But me and Phebe just started going at it on the aforementioned fucking bed. I had had some good wood sported too. And then the phone fucking rings. The voice of Rocky’s lawyer comes on the answering machine with terrible news. That was the end of that.

Rocky got jumped in jail. Guy snuck up from behind and tried to club him in the head but Rocky sensed something. He had a second to react and the guy missed. Rocky turned the tables and fractured the guy’s skull, then stomped his throat and neck. The guy lived for a couple hours afterward. Rocky’s attorney is trying to argue self-defense. Might have Rocky testify at Grand Jury. We’ll see how far that goes. They have him in solitary now.

With any luck we’ll get this knocked down to manslaughter, the attorney says.

No comments:

Post a Comment