Monday, April 11, 2011

02/24/01

Phebe complained Betty was calling too much wanting to see the baby. She told me I ought to take Mookie out to see her today. She said maybe Betty would stop pestering us if she had a visit with the baby. So I called up Percy and he agreed to take a ride over to Newburgh with me and Mookie. Percy said he wanted to go out to Newburgh anyway, see if Swami Hard Salami might change some of his dosages. Got to see Hill Country Cornelia as it turned out. Betty was back on her feet and looked plenty alert and energetic. I couldn’t see what would stop her from taking the baby back. So I just gave Mookie back to her. Phebe was enraged later when she found out what I did. This was not at all what she had in mind. She couldn’t believe I would think to do what I did. The lady looked all better to me. I’m still not sure what Phebe’s point is.

I’m back living in the trailer after that scene.

So much for the good life in the manor house. It was fun while it lasted.

Good fucking gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment