Saturday, November 19, 2011

03/28/01

Phebe’s pushing hard for me to do something about Cupcake’s trailer. She said as long as it belongs to someone else, she doesn’t want it on the farm.

If someone moved into that thing, she says, and you didn’t get them out right away, they’d have squatter’s rights.

And then Phebe surprises me, floats the idea of buying the thing:

We do have an insurance check coming to cover the loss of the other trailer, she says, and it would be nice to do some traveling someday.

I imagined her going on to say: and it would be nice to a have a place to exile your ass again out back when you get on my last nerve.

As tough as it was to live out there in the Winter, I kinda miss the seclusion. To go back there to camp in the nice weather might be a real treat. Don’t know how keen Cupcake is on selling though. . .

So I guess there was a cricket practice today. I didn’t know about it because Percy never made me aware. The fucker. I guess Fauntleroy put his arthritic foot down again, told Percy again that, Joseph and I, we are a Pockidge deal, Mon. Percy called me just before and listed some websites where I could study how cricket is played. He said I had to take it seriously to avoid being cut from the team. I did a little poking around on the internet but it looked like some crazy ass shit that didn’t make sense.

Swami Hard Salami called too. He’s all psyched up to get back into cricket. He was happy to hear I was on the team, said he has some jobs for me when I’m out that way. Goodie. Said his offer of $800,000 for the farm was still good if I ever reconsider.

No!

Phebe just looked over my shoulder before. I wasn’t aware at first.

That doesn’t look like a story about the Revolutionary War, she says.

I’d prove you wrong, but that would disrupt the creative process, I say.

I’m such an asshole.

I really have to be careful not to leave a way for her to sneak and read this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment