Monday, December 26, 2011

4/2/01

I was heading to Newburgh for cricket practice yesterday and I noticed a car following me. Looked just like the one the Mafia guy was driving when he stopped by over the Winter and tried to shake me down for money with threats to Rocky in jail. I got to the park and started exercising with the guys and I noticed the car again in the parking lot near my truck. I noticed the guy looking out towards the team, just kind of stalking me. I was already feeling anxious. I had no idea who most of the guys on the team were. Lots of foreign accents all around. The team then started to do a jog. I was thinking Percy and I must be the only white guys. I know I’m really the only dumpy guy. I know I’m the only one who’s never played cricket before. I was worried as we jogged I was gonna have a heart attack or something I’m so fucking out of shape. Haven’t had a herd of cows to chase around in years. I was looking over at the Mafia guy not looking where I was running and I ran right into a metal pole. Must have been part of a soccer goal post or something. I lost consciousness for a little bit. Someone called an ambulance. Swami Hard Salami followed me over to the emergency room. Phebe showed up before long. I kept telling people I was distracted by the guy who was following me around, the Mafia guy spying on me from the parking lot. Everyone just kept saying the Mafia guy following me was just part of the experience of getting a concussion.

He’s real! The mafia guy is real! He’s been following me around all day!

At the time I was pissed off no one believed what I was saying, but I’m glad now Swami thought I was seeing things because I hit my head, not because I’m a nut. I’m not even sure now what to think.

You must think of your brain in this instance as a pickled cabbage in a jar--- a pickled cabbage that has been hurled most violently, inexorably, from one side of the jar to the other. And so as the cabbage has been---forgive my pun---JARRED most suddenly and bruised, it is not uncommon that hallucinations would occur.

Hallucinations to the cabbage?

Ha! Precisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment