Monday, December 26, 2011

4/3/01

Phebe took the baby up to the prison today. I spent the time at home resting. Had this weird dream I had Probation Officer Barbie again and she asked me on reporting day if I’d shoot her husband for her. That was sure weird, because in the dream I wasn’t exactly objecting. I know there was some dirty talk involved. I’m not exactly sure the words now because Percy woke me up at that point with a phone call, asked how my head felt, said he understood perfectly if I didn’t want to play on the team anymore. Said I didn’t have to worry about disappointing him.

I’m not quiting the team, I say, me and Fauntleroy are a pockidge deal, Mon.

And then an hour later Swami Hard Salami stopped by. Said he wanted to see how I was doing with my concussion . . .also wanted to know whether I had reconsidered his $800,000 offer to buy the farm. Now there’s a concerned doctor for you still willing to do house calls.

I didn’t hit my head that hard! I say.

Fucker.

He said he has work for me tomorrow if I feel up to it. Said he would tutor me a little bit on cricket before practice. I may need to rename him Gandhi or something.

After he leaves I go back to the house for more rest, but then I hear a car drive onto the place and down the lane toward the trailer. I hike back there, spy through the trees and find Cupcake and this young guy I remember from Percy’s neighborhood hanging out at the Winnebago smoking a joint. I had in mind to tell them to get the hell out of there, but I held back for some reason. Looked like they were on the verge of getting it on. I felt like an intruder for some reason.

When Phebe got home I banged her hard.

Maybe I did hit my head that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment