Sunday, January 23, 2011

02/11/01

Stash said he was starting to get cold waiting for me and let himself in the trailer to get warm like Phebe advised him to do if he found I was out getting wood. He said he stopped by the house looking to see if Phebe and I would rent the farm out to him this year to grow hay. He said Phebe told him yes, but then when he asked if I would agree too, she said she didn’t know. Stash said he wanted to plow the place up and seed for horse hay. He said he signed a big supply contract with a hay broker.

Now all I need is the land, says he.

I said , I’ll pass.

Stash chuckles a little---chuckles like I’m being an idiot, says, it’s money!

I’m trying to sell this damn place I say, I don’t need to be tied up with anyone at this point.

Phebe says you’re just saying all that about selling for attention, he says, chuckling again.

I started losing my cool, but at the same time I don’t know if the fucker’s read all my secrets off the computer. I knew I couldn’t exactly go ape shit on his ass for fear of what he could do to me if he knew things. Oh yeah, what else is Miss Phebe saying about me?

You better do something to make things right with her, he says as he gets up to leave or Phebe’s liable to find someone new.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. He continues, your dog squirted out the door on me when I came in and wouldn’t come back for nothing. Sorry ‘bout that.

No comments:

Post a Comment